the quilted tortoise

Friday, 23 August 2013

Marin

Marin is a gorgeous, relatively simple, one skein shawl.  Not too small, but not too cumbersome.  I've used Madeline Tosh Merino Light in Grove. These photos were all taken out in the sunshine so inside the colour is a little darker (although still quite different to how the yarn looked on screen when I chose it).

This is a gift to take my mother-in-law when we go to visit in a few weeks.  That's right, always stay on side with the mother-in-law :)  Last time I saw her they were staying with us and I started my very first knitting project and she helped me out with casting on and knit and purl stitches.  I can't wait to show her how far I've progressed!

I'll definitely be knitting another Marin for myself.  I really want one in a darkish grey…maybe a bit boring, but will go with everything!  Ravelled here.








1 comment: