the quilted tortoise

Sunday, 13 October 2013

Winding Way

At the beginning of the year I joined the Plucky Knitter Classics Club and chose to receive one skein of Plucky Feet sock yarn.  A surprise colour arrives every second month.  The first colour I received was Lollipop Guild and I love it!  The colour is almost violent - in a good way.  Maybe vibrantly shocking is a more positive way of describing it.


This sock pattern is called Winding Way by Tin Can Knits from the book Handmade in the UK.  I like to knit my socks two at a time (taat) magic loop toe up.  The pattern instructions are for top down, however it's a perfect pattern just to take the lace section and insert it into toe up.  I even bothered to start the lace on the correct rows so that the pattern is mirrored on each foot.


Now that I'm getting more experienced as a knitter I realised my previous socks could do with being a bit smaller so for this pair I knit 52 stitches (yes, I have small feet…yes, I can and do occasionally buy kids shoes).  The foot length is still a smudge long and I now need to use a looser cast off, but overall I'm really happy with these.  Ravelled here.



2 comments:

  1. You know I love everything you knit and these beauties are no exeption. I adore the colour, very vibrant. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, SO pretty! I wish I could only use 52 stitches -- it would make the socks so much faster LOL!

    ReplyDelete